Studio in a Closet

I always chuckle when people ask me about my studio.   I WISH!   I have most of my supplies in my guest bedroom.   Maybe these photos will give you some ideas for storing craft supplies.   These are beads stored in a desk area of the room.

I have a 6ft length of laminate counter top set up on kitchen cabinets that I painted so this is a higher workspace than a normal table height.   Much more comfortable for crafting.
This closet is the best part.   On the back of one door are shelves my husband built for my paints and the shoe holder on the back of the other door holds tools and paint brushes.    I have plastic tubs for feathers, shells, antlers, wire, ribbon, basket reed, sea grass, waxed linen thread and Danish cord.


Of course, this isn't everything.   I have tubs of gourds and  boxes of pine needles and my power tools and crockpots for wax and pine needles in the garage.    But at least I am able to close the closet door and clean off the counter top and this room will function as a guest bedroom.  

A dedicated art studio is a dream, but this is working just fine!

Comments